Huwebes, Hulyo 25, 2013

HUMAN RESOURCES



        There are things I didn't know before why such absurd studies  in economics have to be conducted or studied. But now I'm a complete by describing it as an "absurd studies" because it is the complete opposite of absurd at all. Example of what I'm talking about is the distribution of population and it can be classified by age, sex, education and religion. Yes I know, confusing right? I think you also asked yourself why all of it are needed for the distribution of population. Well, just so you know all of it are important and we'll start with the sex. It is important to know the distribution of population by sex because males and females have different needs. The information on the population of males and females can be used by the government in formulating economics plans that aims to address the needs of every member in the population. The next in sex is age. Yes, age is also considered in the distribution of population. It is divided into two, the working age bracket and the dependent age bracket. For now, I'm part of the dependent age bracket. But now I know all of this, I'll even try harder to study hard and have good education so that when I graduate college I'll have a decent job. Which means I can support myself and will be a part of the working age bracket. My parents won't have to support me and I'll not be a "burden" to them anymore but instead I'll pay them back. It's the time for me to pay back what they are giving to me now. See? Just studying economics makes me feel noble  at all, which is a good thing. After age, the next is education! Oh heck, education is really really important and has a great role in this. Imagine, if the government doesn't support or make good schools then there will be no future leaders who will handle the economy and be an asset to the country. So that's why the government is really required to provide good education. They'll also have an advantage on this, because of a good education, new and educated people will handle the economy brightly. Maybe, just maybe, I can be a part of them too. The next is religion, yeah I know you may think that religion isn't part of it but it is partly related. It really has no direct relationship with the economy but religious beliefs influence decisions that have economic implications. So yeah, it is part of it. Lastly, the labor force. It refers to the members of the population 15 years old and over who are either employed or unemployed. You may think I'm crazy for not knowing this, but only now I understood what's the difference of unemployed to underemployed. Unemployed are the ones who are actively looking for a job but can't find one. Before, I thought that they're jobless. But what I didn't now is that they're jobless but they are continuously looking for a job. Not like underemployed, they have a job but they are looking for more! Oh, this is the fun parts in learning economics! And I like it. It makes me knowledgeable around my surroundings especially to the society and the economy. 


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento